Over the last 4 years the cost of energy has gone up. Outside of your mortgage, energy is the next big budget item not your car or swimming pool . You can adjust your vehicle needs, you can close your pool for a few years or longer if necessary but the budget for your mortgage and the cost for your utilities. When you look at your budget its your Mortgage and Utility cost. Our country is looking for areas to save money. With the cost of utilities increasing monthly, home owners are asking for help.
- Electric cost have increased from 15% to 50% over the last 3 years.
- Natural gas is at very low cost and is still up 50% from 3 years ago.
Item for Thought . .
There are over 500 Energy Programs in over 44 states requiring the utility generator to cut energy consumption by as much as 25% over the next 12 to 15 years. Many states have already implemented new laws requiring energy audits be performed on all residential real estate sold.
- The Wall Street Journal reported Energy Audits performed in the United States has increased by a ratio of 4 to 1 over each of the last 4 years.
The Energy Revolution
In the 1800's we have the industrial revolution. In the 1900's transportation, oil and automation to name a few. Now we are upon the revolution. The energy revolution. There are over 120,000,000 existing homes built prior to 1980. The majority of these homes are inefficient with energy consumption. This industry allows the entrepreneur to work from there home or an office. Energy Auditing is a mobile business with lots of flexibility and is very effective.
- The average energy audit ranges from $350 to $850 per audit.
- An energy auditor can work from home alleviating high over head cost.
- In most instances an energy auditor is paid at time of service on existing homes or at an agreed upon payment schedule for new construction.